- A. Health Biotechnology
- Areas of activity
- Stem cells
- In vitro diagnostics
- Cellular Therapy
- Gene Therapy
- Biomaterials and tissue therapy
- Therapeutic areas
- Analgesia & Pain
- Cardiovascular diseases and circulatory system
- Genetic and rare diseases
- Infectious diseases
- Inflammatory diseases
- Gynaecology and obstetrics
- Ophtalmology and optometry
- Blood and lymphatic system
- Digestive system and hepatology
- Kidney and genitourinary system
- Central nervous system
- Respiratory and pulmonary system
- Metabolic disorders / Endocrinology
- B. Agrifood Biotechnology
- Agriculture / veterinary / environmental
- Animal health / Veterinary
- Functional Food
- Substance detection
- Food safety
- D. Services
- R&D services
- Biotechnolgy kits
- Professional services
- Training and spreading
IMIBIC is a Health Research Institute created April 24, 2008. Its management body is the Foundation for Biomedical Research of Cordoba (FIBICO).
IMIBIC intends to be a reference Research Centre in Andalusia and the State level within the Institutes of Health recognised by the Health Carlos III.
IMIBIC's mission is to develop and promote a multidisciplinary scientific forum in which to develop biomedical research projects that integrate core groups with others whose goals transcend towards translational research.
The institute's research focuses on five scientific programs around which different researchers collaborate to generate knowledge that can be used to improve clinical practice and therefore the health of the population. These programs are:
- Cardiovascular disease.
- Obesity and metabolic syndrome.
- Oncology and onco-hematology.
- Chronic inflammatory diseases and infectious diseases.
- Liver and digestive diseases
- Renal and nephrourological diseases
Given the multidisciplinary nature of IMIBIC, areas of interest for future collaborations focus, generally, in the health field, having a greater focus on:
- Nutrition, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity