Lab Manager/Lab Technician
Role and functions
We are looking for a Lab Manager/Lab Technician to join OCI. The candidate will:
- Be responsible for running the laboratory safely, maintaining the security standards according to PCB rules, including equipment, employees, supplies, software, and documentation.
- Provide technical support to scientific investigations and researchers using a variety of lab procedures.
- Be responsible for ordering supplies, purchase orders and maintaining lab stocks and resources.
- Organize lab stocks and general material, including cell stocks and cell culture stuff, preparation of cell culture media and common reagents, preparation of common solutions, sterilization duties, etc.
- Work under the direct supervision of the Research Director.
Qualification Required: A bachelor's degree in a laboratory-related area and several years of experience (graduate in health sciences Biology, Biomedicine, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, etc).
- Strong knowledge in cell culture techniques.
- General knowledge of chemical reagent management.
- General knowledge and technical skills in cell and molecular biology (cloning, PCR, Western Blot).
- Previous general experience in managing a laboratory is recommended.
- General expertise in FACS. • Expertise handling blood human samples.
- Expertise in cell isolation from mouse samples and handling mice.
- Experimental animal certification (a/b/c functions ECC 566 / 2015) is a plus.
- Good management and relationship skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Creative problem solving.
- High degree of autonomy.
English level: Minimum Level B2 basic Fluency
Salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and consistent with the company’s pay scales.
- An open-ended contract.
- Target start date is January 2022.
- Please send your complete CV and a motivation letter (please explain why interested in this job)
- Provide one referee able to assess your scientific potential and previous performance
- Application should be sent to the Research Director Dr. Víctor M Díaz (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 15/12/2021. Please clearly state “Lab Manager Position OCI”. The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise.
- Preselected candidates