OneChain Immunotherapeutics S.L (OCI) is a new and dynamic spin-off company based on Barcelona dedicated to advance the pre-clinical and clinical development of adoptive cellular immunotherapies such as the use of chimeric antigen receptor T-cells (CAR T-cells) for refractory/relapse cancer. OCI spins off from The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) and, at present, is temporarily located within the developmental leukemia & immunotherapy group directed by Dr. Pablo Menendez.
Role and functions
We are looking for a technician to join OCI. The candidate will:
- Work under the supervision of the Research Director.
- Perform cell culture, flow cytometry and molecular biology experiments.
- Perform mice experimentation: colony breeding, transplantation, follow-up, etc.
- Organize lab stocks and general material, reagents, cell culture, preparation of common solutions, sterilization duties, purchase orders, etc.
- Laboratory technician (FPII) or graduate in health sciences (Biology, Biomedicine, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, etc).
- Experimental animal certification is mandatory (a/b/c functions ECC 566 / 2015).
- Proven experience with mice colony management and in vivo experimental techniques (intravein injection, IVIS analysis).
- General knowledge of chemical reagent management.
- Knowledge and technical skills in cell and molecular biology (cloning, PCR, Western Blot), immunostaining and cell culture.
- Proven expertise in FACS and cell sorting.
- Expertise handling primary human samples.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- High degree of autonomy.
English level: Fluent (written and oral)
- Please send your complete CV and a motivation letter (please explain why interested in this job)
- Provide one referee able to assess your scientific potential and previous performance
- Application should be sent to the Research Director Dr. Víctor M Díaz (email@example.com) before 31/12/2020. Please clearly state “Technician Position OCI”. The pre-selection process will be based on qualifications and expertise.
- Preselected candidates will be interviewed by the Research Director, CSO and CEO.