- A. Health Biotechnology
- Therapeutic areas
- Ophtalmology and optometry
- Central nervous system
- Respiratory and pulmonary system
- Metabolic disorders / Endocrinology
Palobiofarma focuses on the discovery and development of new drugs based on the modulation of adenosine receptors, from the discovery to the clinical POC. The goal of the company thereafter is to license the development, results and project-related patents to Pharmaceutical Companies.
Palobiofarma has developed an extensive intellectual property around the adenosine receptors with 8 national and 4 international patents,making the company one of the leading Drug Discovery Biotech in Adenosine.
- PBF-509: is a potent adenosine A2a antagonist receptor for the treatment of Parkinson's disease (PD). Currently is in Phase I clinical trials.
- PBF-680: is an adenosine A1 antagonist for the oral treatment of asma. Currently is in Phase I clinical trials.
- PBF-695:is an adenosine A3 antagonist for the oral treatment of glaucoma. This compound has begun the regulatory preclinical development
- PBF-999: is a dual antagonist of the adenosine A1 receptor and phosphodiesterase 10 for the treatment of schizophrenia. This compound has begun the regulatory preclinical development.